NEW LIST PUBLISHED BY CANADIAN GOVERNMENT
In this blog we will be talking the newly published list of approved educational institutions by Canadian Government for in-person studies
Canada has forced several travel restrictions on foreign nationals. Obviously, the main gaol is to safeguard Canadians’ health and safety in spite of the spread of Coronavirus. On the other hand, starting from October 20, 2020, many international students will be able travel to Canada and study in person. Needless to say, their educational institution must be an approved DLI.
Which international students can come to Canada?
You can come to Canada if you fulfil all of the following conditions:
- You have a valid study permit.
- The educational institution you are going is on the authorized list of IRCC.
- You hold a quarantine plan for the first 2 weeks of your stay in Canada.
The list of approved educational institutions
IRCC has circulated a list of authorized DLIs on their website (Link mentioned below in the comments section and description box). Accordingly, please do not travel if your educational institution is not on the list
- COMPUTER DELIVERED IELTS NOW AVAILABLE IN CANADA
- CANADA FAMILY SPONSORSHIP: MINIMUM REQUIRED INCOME
- CANADA’S COVID-19 INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS UPDATE
- LESS MIGRANTS COMING TO CANADA
- CANADIAN BORDER OPENS FROM 20 OCTOBER 2020
Can you family members travel with you?
Please keep in mind that your spouse, common-law partner or dependent children can also travel to Canada with you. On the other hand, they should fulfil the following obligations:
- They should have proper documentation (for example a valid TRV, eTA, open work permit or open study permit).
- There is a 2 week quarantine plan ready for them.
- They cannot come to Canada before you.
Please keep in mind that, this is not permanent and should expect a change of plans soon. The Canadian government rules could alter it any time. The Government may also expand or narrow the list of approved educational institutions.
What will happen if I don’t have a study permit but I have already acquired admission in an approved educational institution?
Getting admission from an authorized educational institution is not sufficient. As a result, you must apply for a study permit. Obviously, you can travel to Canada if both your educational institutions on the approved list and your study permit is valid.