UK Spouse Visa Applications FLR(M) and FLR(FP)

Home UK VISA & IMMIGRATIONS UK Visa (ALL) UK Spouse Visa Applications FLR(M) and FLR(FP)
UK Spouse Visa Applications FLR(M) and FLR(FP)


UK Spouse Visa Applications – FLR (M) and FLR (FP)



UK Spouse Visa Applications – Further Leave to Remain (Marriage to a settled person) and Further Leave to Remain (Family & Private life)


It can be a significant upsetting activity to apply for a Visa. The candidate must know which frame to fill, how to fill it and what supporting records are required. So if one is applying for UK Spouse Visa then you must prove few things in order to get your visa application successful.


This means that you have to meet certain requirements. Now you can apply for UK Spouse Visa from outside UK and in the UK both. In the event that you are applying in the UK then you can apply on the web or you can apply by post or face to face.


Now as spouse you meet certain requirements to get a grant for leave to remain in UK. After your stay for the time allowed in UK if you want to extend your stay in UK then you can apply two forms.


Which form to fill depends on which category you are applying for? You can apply as partner, parent or just under private life. Depending on this ability of proving these requirements one can fill in either of the two forms.


One is Form F L R (M).This form is for those who are married to or a dependent child of a person settled in UK and can meet the requirements and two is form FLR(FP) is for those who are a partner, parent or dependent child or based on the private life in UK.


Now let us see what these two forms are.


Spouse visa application under F L R (M)


If you are living in UK on UK Spouse Visa after your stay in UK for the time granted you can apply for extension. So, F L R (M) is an application which you can use to apply to extend your existing stay in the UK (I L R) and get a biometric resident permit.


You can use this form if you are a partner or dependent child of someone who is settled in UK. So, for those who are applying as partner must be married to a person that is already settled in the UK, under the Appendix FM. But important thing to note here is that just being married to an English citizen is not enough to get this permission.


In order to get your spouse visa to stay in UK you will have to meet all the requirements. This includes your status in the UK and you also have to meet the financial requirement.


If you meet the requirement then you use this form and after successful application you will get a 2.5 year in the 5 year partner route.


You can use this form if applying in Family life category under following condition for further leave to remain in UK:

  • As the partner of a person present and settled in the UK (2 year route)
  • As the partner of a person present and settled in the UK (5 year route)
  • As the partner of a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection (5 year route)
  • As the dependent child of a person who has, or is at the same time applying for, limited leave as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK (2 or 5 year route) other than under the points based system or UK Ancestry.


Spouse visa application under F L R (F P)


F L R (F P) application stands for Further Leave to Remain (Family and Private Life). This application can be used to apply for first grant of leave to remain in UK or for extension of for existing leave to remain in UK to extend their leave to remain in UK in these two categories.


Family life


Under this category one gets the right to apply as a partner or parent of a child. This means you can apply for family life as a partner of someone settled in UK or family life as a parent of child. The child can be British or non-British also. If the child is non-British then the child must have lived in UK for more than 7 years or more.

One should apply this when parents are divorced and the child lives with one of the foreign spouses.


Private life


Private life applying has the same form but this form is for those people who have spent years in the UK and now want to legalize their stay. If they get the approval then they get a 2.5 year visa in a 10-year route. After 10 years, you can apply to secure your permanent residency.


See Related Articles:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

The ArsiShay Productions

Follow Us

Lend us a hand in 2022

More than 1.5 million people in 180 countries now fund our fearless, independent journalism. Will you lend us a hand in 2022? This vital support means we can remain independent of shareholders or a billionaire owner, free to report relentlessly on world events. It means we can keep ArsiShay Productions reporting open for everyone. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our future. Support us for the new year and beyond, from as little as £1. Thank you.