Same Sex Partner Visa Applications


A man, who has lived together for a long time or all the more however isn’t hitched nor is in a common organization with an accomplice who is settled in the UK, can apply to join his or her accomplice in the UK.


On the off chance that you are hoping to apply for either an unmarried accomplice or same sex accomplice visa then you can do as such gave certain conditions are met. In 2012, new immigration rules for unmarried and same-sex partners wishing to settle permanently in the UK came into effect.


If you’re applying for a UK unmarried partner visa, you need to know these rules in order to ensure that you meet all the relevant criteria. However, those who already got leave to enter or remain in the UK under the old rules will continue to be treated under the old rules; the new rules will not apply to them.


Immigration rules for unmarried partner and same sex partner visa applicants


If you are not a British or EEA national, you will require a visa to enter and live in the UK as an unmarried or same sex partner. Once you get your UK unmarried partner visa successfully, you can live in the UK with your partner and you can also take up employment.


In order to make a successful visa application, you must meet certain requirements. It is important to note that your partner must either be British or settled in the UK; in other words, your partner must hold indefinite leave to remain or permanent residence in the UK.


  • You both must be over the age of 18.
  • You must be able to demonstrate with evidence like bank statements, bills, etc. That you have lived together for a minimum of 2 years.
  • Your relationship must be recognised as durable and it must be akin to marriage.
  • You must show that you have genuine relationship and you intend to live together permanently
  • You must meet the relevant English language requirements to a minimum level
  • You must be capable of supporting and housing yourselves during your stay in the UK


If you meet above conditions, you can apply for a UK unmarried or same sex partner visa. Initially, you are granted visa for 30 months and after that you need to apply for an extension for another 30 months.


How long you can stay in UK with your unmarried partner?


The new rules are little complex. Due to this, you should take an expert’s help so that you can make a successful application.


You need to show evidence where it is required for example, showing that you and your partner meet all financial requirements and have an intention to live together. The individuals who are allowed the visa can live in the UK for a long time. After you have put in 5 years on this visa as unmarried and additionally same sex accomplice, you can apply for settlement in the UK.


Notwithstanding, if unsuccessful, you can request against a denied visa choice.



See Related Articles:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.