UK WORK PERMITS: Basic Requirements
A person who is considering or willing to go to the UK to work can apply for UK Tier 2 General visa. UK Tier 2 work permits are applied by workers of foreign nationals going to the UK to fill a vacant job position which cannot be fulfilled by a British National. Applicant must get an established certificate of sponsorship from a licensed UK company.
First the employer can get a work permit to propose to foreign national in majority situations when they are able to show that they publicized for the job position in the country but could not fill it with an EEA national. Again the employer must demonstrate that business is real and there is an actual necessity for the offered job position. They also need to acquire sponsorship license.
Applicant employee on the other hand must be rightfully capable and skilled for the employment. There are 4 categories of UK Tier 2 work permit as following:
- Minister of religion –This is for workers within a bona fide religion.
- Intra-company transfer – In this category people are relocated to a UK division of a business.
- Skilled worker- In this category, individuals with precise skilled job proposal can go to the UK to fill a temporary gap in the labor force.
- Sports people – This is for exclusive professional athletes, coaches and trainers.
Now the applicant seeking employment must meet the compulsory skill and education conditions and also pass Tier 2 point test.
Compulsory expertise and education conditions to be met are as following. Employee must have one of the following:
- You must hold a UK degree level qualification.
- Or, a higher degree national diploma qualification.
- Or, an HND-level qualification which is not related to the employment but have plus one year’s full-time job experience which is related to the employment, and which is at N/SVQ Level 3 or above; OR
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in which the skills has been used which was obtained by working in the position for which the permit is sought. Employee should have acquired the experience at N/SVQ Level 3 or above.
Apart from afore mentioned skill and education obligations, employee also needs to pass Tier 2 point test. Applicant is obligated to score 70 points to be able for UK Tier work permit besides meeting other regular conditions.
They are as following:
- You should have a legal and valid certificate of sponsorship for your employment.
- You need to demonstrate that you are being paid a suitable payment as a salary for your employment.
- You should be able to prove your understandings of English.
- You need to have personal savings in order to finance yourself when you enter the UK.
- You must demonstrate that you can travel along with your travel history over the last 5 years.
- You should undergo a tuberculosis test, if you are from a listed country.
- You should present a criminal record certificate from the country where you have lived in for 1 year or more in the last 10 years, in case you will be working with people at risk.
After the successful UK Tier 2 work permit application, an individual is handed up to 3 years to reside and pursue employment in the UK for an employer.
This period of 3 years can be extended later. And after five years in UK, the Tier 2 employee can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
Reasons why Tier 2 Visa applications get refused?
The most popular reasons that applicants have their applications rejected are because they do not meet the essential requirements or because they cannot adequately prove they are authentic.
Authorized representatives, such as experienced immigration specialists and visa law organizations, are certified to counsel you on immigration law and your immigration status. It is likely to instruct an immigration and visa legal representative to submit a UK Immigration application.
Caseworkers at the Home Office are guided to reject applications which are inappropriately organized, for example by failing to deliver the correct backup evidence. In order to guarantee your application succeeds, all obligatory documents must be provided.
This can be an important administrative errand and you will need to submit the accurate documentary proof. The UK Immigration Rules are multifaceted and a legal representative can help make sure that your Tier 2 Visa Application go through the Immigration Rules.