CHILD VISA UK – VISA FOR BRINGING YOUR CHILD TO THE UK
The UK Child visa allows settled parents to apply for their overseas children to live and stay in the UK without any immigration limitations. The UK Child visa application is made under part 8 of the Immigration Rules – Family Members.
The key requirement requires having one settled parent living in the UK. In many applications, the UK Home Office may also think through the place of birth for the kid when evaluating the UK Child visa application.
What is the UK Child Visa?
The UK Child visa category permits settled parents in the UK to apply for their out of the country and non-British children to unite with them in the UK. The UK Child visa lets children to come and live in the UK indefinitely with no immigration limitations.
Requirements for a UK Child Visa
If you are settled in the UK and your child was born out of the UK your child should meet the obligations under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules. With the intentions of submitting a successful UK Child visa application the following obligations should be met:
- The child must not fall under the General Grounds for Refusal;
- Both parents are living and settled in the United Kingdom; or
- Both parents are being stated on the same grounds for settlement; or
- One parent is living and settled in the United Kingdom and the other is being considered on the same ground for settlement; or
- One parent is present and living in the United Kingdom or being considered on the same occasion for settlement and the other parent is deceased; or
- One parent is present and living in the United Kingdom or being considered on the same grounds for settlement and has had sole accountability for the child’s nurture; or
- One parent or a family member is present and settled in the United Kingdom or being considered on the same occasion for settlement and there are grim and persuasive family or other considerations which make segregation of the child unwelcome and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s custody; and
- The child is under the age of 18, and is not living a private life, is single and is not a civil partner, and has not started an independent family unit; and
- The child will be lodged and maintained sufficiently by the parent, parents or relative the child is desiring to join without recourse to public funds in lodging which the parent, parents or relative the child is pursuing to join, own or occupy solely; and
- Possess a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this role.
If your child was born in the UK and you are also settled in the UK, your child will be provided the same stay in the UK as yours.
Cost for a UK Child Visa
The fee you are obligated to pay depends on whether your child is applying from outside the UK or within the UK. The fee for applications from outside the UK is £1464 and the fee for in-country applications is £993. These fees are subject to change. Please note that the standard processing time for UK Child visa applications is anywhere between 6 to 12 weeks.
Our blog ends here, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us by commenting below or visit our email for more details. Thanks for reading today’s blog update.